TLS: Get Started 2023
A summary of Teaching, Learning and Students’ offer as part of the Library Get Started initiative for 2023.
11th — 15th September: Pre-arrival week
18th — 22nd September: Welcome week
25th — 29th September: Induction and transition phase
Teaching, Learning and Students (TLS) will work with Research Services (RS) to provide key information on Library services, resources and support to prepare students for the start of their studies at university. Through the synchronous and asynchronous delivery methods detailed below, TLS will focus on delivering information on the following topics:
- Access to Library resources.
- Introduction to key Library staff and sites.
- Introduction to Library services (My Learning Essentials, My Research Essentials, Specialist Library Support).
- Get Started Library drop-ins, both online and on-campus.
- Get Started resource, which can be added to any Blackboard space.
- Get Started presentations can be delivered on-campus or online at programme level and tailored to suit your cohort.
How to request support
- To request the Get Started resource for Blackboard embed and/or a Library Get Started presentation for your cohort please complete this form.
- In addition to the Get Started offer, the Library has over 40+ online resources covering a range of topics. These are all available to be embedded into Blackboard spaces when necessary. The team can also design, develop and deliver an interactive and innovative face-face session within your programme at any time throughout the academic year.
- For more information contact your Academic Engagement Librarian.