UPDATED for R23–1060
- Group: 
- Length: [1.30]
- Online: [zoom]
- Discipline: [Any]
- Level: [level(s) of study this session is suitable for e.g. UG/PGT]
After engaging with this support, you will be able to:
- Identify an appropriate tool to use finding information for your specific purpose
- Identify and use key databases in your discipline
- Identify and use relevant specialist information in your discipline
- Develop an awareness of a wide range of information sources available to use in academic work
- Smoothly incorporate the work of others into a piece of academic writing
Blackboard space area for embed
- The academic has given me this space for the embed — image of embed space
The academic would like the content in the above folder replaced by the content below. All the courses specified below follow the same format and need the content replacing with the content below. I can’t see what the BB space looks like so let me know if there are any issues.
2. The content needs to be replicated in these folders as well:
- Start to Finish: Searching — This set of resources will take you through the searching process from start to finish and help you to high quality, relevant sources for use in your work.
- Start to finish: essay writing — This set of resources will take you through the writing process from start to finish and help you to produce a well-structured, coherent piece of work that answers the question, evidences your own analysis and is easy for your reader to follow.
- Thinking, reading and writing critically
- Developing argument within your writing
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Link to the SLS blog — advanced searching
- Start to Finish: referencing — This set of resources will show you how to reference different types of sources in your assignments. It will help you to cite, paraphrase and manage your references using tools such as EndNote desktop and Endnote online.
- Link to the SLS blog — referencing
- Keep the subject guide image and link to a-z list of subject guides https://subjects.library.manchester.ac.uk/index.php
- Add the Help and Support bit at the end.
The support the embedded content there will be a live Zoom session in September following consultation with the tutor
Internal ID: R21–0834